Earl Handed His Voodoo Mantle

| Wednesday, May 25, 2011 | |
Earl Handed His Voodoo Mantle Image
I came to the path of voodoo conjure due to playing guitar in a band with Trinidadian hoodoo man and singer Earl Marlowe. When I first knew him, Earl looked to be in his early sixties, although he claimed to be 127 and getting younger everyday.

He was a colorful character. His head was shaved and he always wore purple-tinted aviator shades. Sometimes he wore sharp Italian suits, other times colorful African robes.

During our association together, Earl told me many voodoo conjure stories about the Caribbean and the American South, where he lived before settling in England.

Earl also taught me the trade of the hoodoo doctor. This, coupled with my own studies into the esoteric field, proved to be highly fortuitous. Coz after Earl died, many of his clients came to me asking for help.

At first I was reluctant, lacking confidence in my abilities. But then a friend of Earl's, an old West Indian guy who ran a domino club, said to me: "Earl handed his voodoo mantle down to you. You might not know it, but he did."

With that, he gave me a silver snake ring, telling me Earl had entrusted it to him just before he left this world, with instructions that it be given to me.

After that, I spent two weeks in deep contemplation, burning oils and incenses, and communing with the spirits. The result was I took the magickal name Doktor Snake and became a professional witch doctor.

And then the eagle soared into the azure haze, painting a picture in the primal skies

Suggested reading (pdf e-books):

Rw Rogers - Adapa And The Food Of Life
Ancient Grimoires - The 6th And 7th Book Of Moses